“Magic mushroom” Soup? No, not that kind!
It’s so fast and flavorful, it’s like a magic! Thus I call it Magic Mushroom Soup. Nothing to do with any controlled substance. Plus I’m into feeling good from eating wholesome food, not from other things that could have some side effects.
If you already made sauteed mushrooms, this will be super easy.
Magic Mushroom Soup
If you already have sauteed mushrooms with onions, or have sauteed or caramelized onions, skip to step 2. Also delicious with sauteed leeks.
- Sautee some chopped onions in butter or EVOO. Add sauteed mushrooms (frozen OK).
- Add milk, Salt and Pepper to the mushroom and onions. If desired, add broth or bouillon cube.
- Heat a little and puree with an immersion blender. (This is really convenient, since you can stick it in the pot directly and puree it. Food processor or regular blender is fine as well.) Serve hot.
- Optional: Top with cream or butter for richer flavor, or garnish with chives, croutons etc.
- If you have some left over potatoes (boiled/mashed) etc. you can add them at step 2. OR add Dijon mustard for a twist.