We made Lidia Bastianich’s “Swiss Chard and Potatoes” (click her for the recipe), and there’s still a lot left.
So what to do with the leftover?
It’s time for Leftover Make-over!
- Eat as it is
- Potato and chard soup: Add some water/broth and puree with immersion blender – (Optional: add other boiled/sautéed vegetables, cream, mustard etc for variation.)
- Spanish omelet (photo): Add beaten eggs, S&P. Cook both sides of the egg/potato/chard mix in small non-stick skillet until egg is set and golden brown.
- Frittata: Add beaten eggs, S&P. Cook the mixture in an oven-proof skillet, cook one side on the stove, then put the skillet in the oven to finish it up.
- Traditional Omelet with potato and swiss chard: cook beaten eggs, S&P in a non-stick skillet. When the eggs are set, add the potato/chard mix on one side. Flip the other side of the egg to cover the veggies.
- Gozleme (Turkish Quesadella): Spread the potato/chard mix and feta cheese thinly on Tortilla. Cover with another one and trill both sides.
- Quesadilla: Spread the potato/chard mix, and shredded cheeses on Tortilla. Cover with another and grill both sides.
- Grilled Pita Sandwich (photo): Spread the potato mixture, and sliced cheese between half cut pita and grill or pan-fry both sides.
- Potato and Swiss Chard Curry: Sautee grated ginger, garlic and chopped onions (faster when you use batched sauteed onions). Add chopped tomatoes, curry powder and spices and cook down a bit. Add Potato and Chard mix and cook until hot.
- Potato and Swiss Chard gratin: Top the vegetables with shredded cheeses and bake.
- Come up with your own recipe and share it with us!
Do you feel like a Kitchen Wizard now?